It is very wet here today. We’ve had rain non stop for three days and it is doesn’t look like it’s going to stop anytime soon. I feel in sync with the weather as I have that post weekend, sluggish Monday feeling. So for me this is the perfect easy, comforting meal to offset a weekend of over indulgence and keep snug and warm whilst the rain hammers down across the kitchen windows.
I have found from experience (good and terrible) that not all gluten-free pasta is equal. To date I favour Waitrose and the Co-op’s own brands gluten-free pastas are very reliable and if you quickly rinse after cooking just as good as regular dried pasta.
This dish works equally well as a cold salad in the summer.
- 400g x gluten-free spaghetti
- 1 x tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 x garlic clove peeled and grated or minced
- 2 x generous handfuls of walnuts
- 2 x tablespoons of capers
- 2 x tablespoons of chopped flat parsley
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Place spaghetti in to pan of salted, boiling water and cook for instructed time (as given on the packet). TIP: not all gluten-free pasta is equal. I have found that you need to stir the pasta so it doesn’t stick and always rinse in cold water once cooked, before eating or adding sauce etc.
- Grate or mince Garlic
- Gently break up feta cheese and set a side
- Gently break walnuts in your hands and set a side
- When cooked drain and rinse pasta in cold water
- Add Olive oil to the pan and warm on low heat
- Add pasta back to the pan
- Stir in Garlic, then walnuts, then feta, capers and parsley.
- Continue to heat on low heat until all ingredients are warmed. Approx. 3-5 mins
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste serve and enjoy.