This creamy hot chocolate will boost your immune system and your soul.
Boy have I needed this, this week. I’ve had a nasty virus that’s left me feeling rubbish and it just won’t go away, fast enough. I’m not feeling sorry for myself, OK maybe a bit, I know I shouldn’t, it’s just a virus after all… maybe it’s my first dose of man flu? Without of course the common side effect of spending a day or two on the sofa, (I wish! Cough… cough….).
Did you know chocolate is actually is good for you?
The real stuff that is. A natural stress reducer,with anti-inflammatory properties and raw cacoa is full of anti oxidants and super nutrients. Add turmeric, cinnamon and honey and you have a yummy sweet cup of nourishing, immune boosting, inflammation busting goodness. That tastes like sweet, velvet heaven. Ready in moments.
IMMUNE BOOSTING HOT CHCOLATE
Gluten, grain and dairy free.
The perfect drink to enjoy hot or cold whenever you need a bit or a healthy chocolate boost and hug in a cup.
Makes one delicious mug/cup full
- 1 x tablespoon of raw cacoa powder
- 1 x cup of plant-based milk, home made is best I used cashew milk (see recipe below) or my almond milk recipe here
- 1 x teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 x teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 x teaspoons of raw honey (ideally local and organic)
- Place all ingredients in a small pan and gently warm up stirring constantly
Picture taken by my budding photographer/helper Olivia.
- 250g cashew nuts (this is one full bag from Lidl. I love their nuts)
- 200ml of filtered water (yes you really need to filter your water, not just for this recipe..)
- Raw local honey, or 100% Maple syrup or your sweetener of choice
- Soak your cashew nuts in water for at least 6 hours (or over night)
- Add the nuts to a powerful blender or food processor and blend until it turns into liquid
- Take your nut milk and strain through a cheese cloth or muslim. I use this cleaver device
- Sweeten to your own taste
- Store in clean air tight jar for up to 2 days in the fridge.