Sunday Night Gluten-Free Cauliflower Cheese
Some times by the end of Sunday I am not REALLY hungry as I’ve spent a good proportion of the weekend eating and drinking and part of me doesn’t want to stop!
I don’t feel like a big dinner and am even less inclined to cook one but a salad, soup or something light simply won’t do. It would feel mean and miserly and an unwanted abrupt end to the weekend, especially whilst the prospect of Monday morning is looming on the not so distant horizon.
It’s times like this I want comfort, easy food that won’t make me feel too much like a foie gras goose!
So here to the rescue…the very best of homely nursery food that won’t leave you sluggish but perfectly warmed and content.
1 x good sized cauliflower head
35g mild cheddar (or cheese of your choice)
1 x knob of butter
1 x table spoon of gluten free flour
approx. 175ml of Almond milk (or cow’s)
1 x teaspoon of dijon mustard
2 x spring onions chopped
1. pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4
2. par boil the cauliflower florets in boiling water 5 mins. rinse in cold water and set aside.
2. melt the butter in a pan and add the flour stirring together quickly for one min to make a roux (sticky paste).
3. add the 2/3rds of the milk and whisk by hand to make a thickened sauce.
4. add half the cheese, spring onions and stir to make a glossy cheesy sauce, (add more milk if needed to get a glossy consistency).
5. put the cauliflower in a roasting dish and cover with your cheese sauce.
6. cook for 15 mins then take out and sprinkle with the remaining cheese, put back in the oven for a further 10 mins or so until the cheese turns golden and begins to bubble.
16 Responses to “Sunday Night Gluten-Free Cauliflower Cheese”
Looks very tasty and easy to make!
Thank you GFF. It is and a big hit with kids too.
[…] Sunday Night Gluten-Free Cauliflower Cheese (tabithasglutenfreedishes.com) […]
Thanks for taking a look at my blog, it gave me the opportunity to check out yours! 🙂 This recipe looks incredible!!!
Love cauliflower. This looks delicious!
I LOVE cauliflower and cheese!!
Me too 🙂
Yum! Might have to try this when my hubby is not around.
It’s a lovely little cheesy treat. Enjoy!
Is it weird to want a bite of that at 8 am? Thanks for visiting my blog. I’ll be back.
Thank you. To me that’s now weird at all, I can eat most food at 8am 🙂
[…] a challenge until I came across a recipe for Cauliflower ‘Mac’ and Cheese on Tabitha’s Gluten Free Dishes, which is a great blog that I follow. What is more iconic or American than Macaroni and […]
Congratulations on your 100th post!! Brilliant.
[…] Sunday Night Gluten Free Cauliflower Cheese here, was one of my first posts and still remains one of my most popular on the site and favourite at home, although now I sub the regular GF flour for chickpea (for a grain free version). This is on my list to update on the blog. […]