Butternut Squash Tarragon ‘Spaghetti’ with Spinach, Feta and Walnuts
This delectable grain and gluten-free, veggie dish uses roasted butternut squash as the ‘spaghetti’ with spinach, feta cheese and walnuts creating great contrasts of texture and flavour infused with tarragon.
I am so excited to own a spiralizer, after lots of umming and arring, as you can create a similar effect with a Julienne peeler or mandolin I am so glad I did as it just couldn’t be simpler, quick and easy to clean. I can’t wait to start experimenting with courgette and celeriac, let alone the amazing salads and fruit dishes it can revolutionise too. Watch this space.
On a quick personal note I received a couple of messages that have really made my week, it’s so great to know that this blog can make a difference . Thank you so much.
feeds 2 generously as a main meal
- 1 x butternut squash
- 2 x teaspoons of tarragon
- 200g (4 cups) spinach leaves
- 100g (1/2 cup) feta cheese
- 50g (1/4 cup) crushed walnuts
Pre-heat your oven to 180c, gas mark 4, 450f
- Peel the butternut squash and cut in half two thirds down the squash, just above the seed area. Cut the bottom part in two and scoop out the seeds and cut in two again removing any bits of stringy flesh from the seed area.
2. Spiralize or Julienne etc your butternut squash. Separate the strands and coat lightly in olive oil and 1 teaspoon of tarragon in a roasting dish and roast in the oven for 5-10 mins. depending on your oven and how soft you wish your spaghetti to be, check at 5 mins to determine.
3. Add your spinach to a large frying pan or wok and gently fry for 1 min, then add the butternut squash walnuts and feta cheese, mix together and sprinkle with the second teaspoon of tarragon, season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Note: This will keep well in a fridge for one day covered and can be enjoyed cold or re-heated.
11 Responses to “Butternut Squash Tarragon ‘Spaghetti’ with Spinach, Feta and Walnuts”
Wow! Look at that!
This looks and sounds incredible!!
Thank you. So simple and really delicious.
Thank you. I still can’t quite get other how good it tarted. Yum.
Love this!! Made zucchini spaghetti the other day – so yum! And good for the conscience 🙂
Yes the perfect combination.
Yum Yum Yummm indeed! 🙂
I have just been experimenting with acorn squash for the first time, and this looks delicious!
Thank you. I’ve just been cooking a new dish with a variation of this Butternut Squash spaghetti, it’s sooo yummy.