These simple but delicious crisps are made with peelings of sweet potato baked in coconut oil. Only minutes to make they will be devoured in seconds by kids and adults alike. Even the non sweet potato liker’s in my house, we are a divided family, love these crisps.
They make the perfect snack for little people or great alternative to crisps for drinks parties or lunch boxes. A little goes a long way so they’re an incredibly economical healthy snack. All you need are some sweet potatoes, a peeler (or if you want them to look more like regular crisps a mandolin) and some coconut oil.
EASY PEELY SWEET POTATO CRISPS
A delicious simple and healthy crisp, naturally gluten, grain and dairy free.
- Sweet potatoes (ideally organic)
- Coconut Oil (ideally organic) This is the brand I use – you need approx. 1 tablespoon for every peeled potato
- Pre-heat your oven to 180c, Gas Mark 4, 350f
- Peel your sweet potatoes
- Melt your coconut oil gently in a pan, you’ll need approx. 1 tablespoon for every potato
- Cover your peelings in oil in an oven proof dish and roast for approx. 10 minutes, until they stat to turn colour and crisp.
- Sprinkle with good quality sea salt such as Malden
Notes: These crisps will keep up to 3 days in an air tight container.